Monday, July 11, 2005

The Art of the Sandwich

I have been pretty remiss about posting here, and in an effort to catch everyone up on my dazzlingly glamorous life, I will give you a quick rundown of the last month: work, work, class, work, show, class, work, show, class, work, work, class, show, work.

Now I can get on to the real point of this post. Food Shopping!!! Do you know about this? It's awesome. If you haven't done it recently, then check it: I went food shopping. This may sound trivial, but I have not gone food shopping in about five months. At some point I just gave up on it, resulting in one of three scenarios: order out, eat out, don't eat. I got tired of these unhealthy/expensive options and decided I would not only buy food but then eat it! Again, trivial, I know, but one of the main reasons I stopped buying food was that I would still go out to eat at the local cafe and then all the food I had back at home would go bad and I would throw it away.

I love to cook, but decided to ease into my use-of-kitchen by only buying salad and sandwich items. Over the last week I have made such culinary delights as ham, jack cheese, avocado, jalapeno, roasted pepper, and alfalfa sprouts on whole wheat with mayo and mustard, and turkey, swiss, tomato, olive tapanade, mustard, and lettuce on seven grain, as well as a salad featuring romiane, endive, feta, tomato, olive, and artichoke hearts. I enjoy figuring out how many items I can put on a sandwich and still keep the sweet-savory ratio intact. Very challenging.

The whole experience has been empowering. I forgot all about this form of self-sufficiency: one that does not involve a cell phone or a take out menu or a waiter. Now maybe I will clean my fucking apartment.

3 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban uk, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet online, nike tn, converse pas cher, coach purses, true religion outlet, nike huaraches, polo lacoste, mulberry uk, ralph lauren uk, sac hermes, nike air max, nike air max uk, hollister pas cher, nike air force, michael kors, michael kors outlet online, nike air max uk, nike trainers uk, uggs outlet, longchamp uk, burberry outlet, nike roshe run uk, guess pas cher, oakley pas cher, michael kors outlet online, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, michael kors, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, new balance, hogan outlet, burberry handbags, uggs outlet, hollister, timberland pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, vans pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, north face, michael kors outlet, lululemon canada, hollister uk, north face uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors outlet

7:34 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

soccer jerseys, converse outlet, north face outlet, celine handbags, mont blanc pens, toms shoes, wedding dresses, bottega veneta, beats by dre, ghd hair, vans, gucci, hollister clothing, mcm handbags, ralph lauren, instyler, north face outlet, babyliss, jimmy choo outlet, valentino shoes, abercrombie and fitch, nike air max, vans outlet, supra shoes, karen millen uk, converse, chi flat iron, reebok outlet, herve leger, juicy couture outlet, p90x workout, timberland boots, montre pas cher, nike air max, insanity workout, hollister, ray ban, oakley, baseball bats, hermes belt, lancel, nike roshe run, mac cosmetics, asics running shoes, louboutin, juicy couture outlet, new balance shoes, ferragamo shoes, nfl jerseys, soccer shoes

7:37 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, wedding dresses, links of london, swarovski, hollister, pandora uk, moncler, doudoune moncler, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose, pandora charms, ugg pas cher, canada goose outlet, moncler, replica watches, pandora jewelry, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler uk, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, ugg, canada goose jackets, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose uk, ugg uk, moncler outlet

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home