Monday, December 24, 2007

Resurrected

Christmas seems as good a time as any to bring back this blog. And yes, I realize that on the religious calendar Christmas is not about resurrection but I don't play by the rules. Fun Fact #1: I had to look up the correct spelling of resurrection in the dictionary. Fun Fact #2: When I woke up today I wasn't sure if it was Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. I cannot tell if this makes my life unbelievably cool or unbelievably sad.

I am not sure what I will be writing about here. I feel like I have run out of fun stories from my past, although if I think of any I will surely share them here. So more then likely I will just rant about the strike, or what I had for lunch, or the people that annoyed me today, or The Hills. In other words, this blog will not be particularly distinguishable from anyone else's.

I thought of taking on a cool project, like my friend Jen McNeil's, but frankly I don't have the energy, or the time. My finances are dire which means that I will probably take another job soon, leaving me less time for doing things like visiting every museum in NYC and writing about it or watching every movie on the AFI's top 100 list and then giving you my amateur criticism which no one would care about but me. (I have legitimately thought of doing these things in the past, I am not being hip and ironic here).

I am going through a transitional period right now, although I always feel like I am going through a transitional period. Which means I will probably write a bunch of self-serving soul-searching posts about the state of my existence and how I am alone in this big black void we call life and how I can't get a date and how my cat is constantly throwing up and how my house is a mess. Also I will probably write about movies and food.

2008: the year of the meaningless rambling post. Now you have something to look forward to. (Yeah I ended my sentence with a preposition. Like I said, I don't play by the rules.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home