Monday, November 16, 2009

There's nothing like sitting around with your dead cat to make you want to start blogging again....

My cat died about 20 minutes ago in my bed.

I was planning on having him put down today. I called the vet yesterday to make the appointment but they were already closed at 3pm so I figured I would just call first thing this morning. When I came home last night he was in bad shape and I put him in bed with me. He started seizing this morning and I just watched helplessly and tried to pet and calm him and then suddenly he was gone.

I don't know what time my vet opens his doors. It's about 6:30am and I think they may not open until 8am. This is a predicament. I put Franklin in his cat carrier and then wondered what I could do to pass the time, besides the obvious (cry, feel terrible, cry more, feel terrible more).

I pondered reading my Carlos Castaneda or History of Qabbala books but mulling over the nature of human (and animal) existence and deeper theological questions, although perfectly appropriate at times like these, is a little deeper than I care to go. Taking my Rosetta Stone French lesson somehow seems inappropriate and watching the glare of vapid morning TV programs just seems like a headache-inducing waste of time.

So here I am, pouring heart and soul into a defunct blog because there is nothing else to do at times like these but write down how terrible you feel and have the whole world read about it on some public platform. Such is the world we live in. At least I am not Tweeting about this. Yet.

From Franklin's (soon to be) ashes, I guess this blog has arisen again. I will find something less maudlin to write about next time I post, because hopefully I will not need something I love dearly to have died inches from my face in order to get me to write on here again.

We'll see.

4 Comments:

Blogger benzado said...

Condolences.

9:55 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

nike free, oakley sunglasses, polo outlet, tory burch outlet, louboutin pas cher, kate spade outlet, longchamp outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, jordan pas cher, replica handbags, nike roshe, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, gucci handbags, christian louboutin outlet, prada handbags, kate spade, longchamp outlet, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, polo ralph lauren outlet online, nike air max, nike free run, burberry pas cher, chanel handbags, michael kors pas cher, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, air max, coach outlet, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, longchamp pas cher, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, prada outlet, uggs on sale, ugg boots, polo ralph lauren, coach outlet store online, tiffany and co, christian louboutin uk, ugg boots, nike outlet, jordan shoes, tiffany jewelry, christian louboutin shoes

7:46 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

ray ban uk, true religion jeans, michael kors outlet online, nike tn, converse pas cher, coach purses, true religion outlet, nike huaraches, polo lacoste, mulberry uk, ralph lauren uk, sac hermes, nike air max, nike air max uk, hollister pas cher, nike air force, michael kors, michael kors outlet online, nike air max uk, nike trainers uk, uggs outlet, longchamp uk, burberry outlet, nike roshe run uk, guess pas cher, oakley pas cher, michael kors outlet online, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, michael kors, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, new balance, hogan outlet, burberry handbags, uggs outlet, hollister, timberland pas cher, sac vanessa bruno, vans pas cher, true religion outlet, michael kors outlet online, north face, michael kors outlet, lululemon canada, hollister uk, north face uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors outlet

7:48 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

louis vuitton, wedding dresses, links of london, swarovski, hollister, pandora uk, moncler, doudoune moncler, coach outlet, moncler outlet, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose, pandora charms, ugg pas cher, canada goose outlet, moncler, replica watches, pandora jewelry, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, pandora jewelry, moncler, moncler uk, marc jacobs, canada goose outlet, moncler, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, louis vuitton, ugg, canada goose jackets, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose uk, ugg uk, moncler outlet

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home